Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers
suitable for extinguishing most common class B fires
What are Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers?
An extremely effective extinguisher designed specifically for fires involving cooking oils and fats. The chemical puts out the flames, cools the burning oil and seals the surface preventing re-ignition. The extinguisher is easy to use, producing a highly effective spray which helps prevent hot oil splashing on the operator.
We also offer a premium range of Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers with a slightly higher quality specification both in appearance and materials. Our premium range provides superior fire protection and peace of mind, manufactured right here in the UK.
- Capable of extinguishing a cooking oil or fat fire of up to 75 litres in size
- 13A fire rating for all round safety and embraces the 35 kV di-electric test
- EN3 red, with official canary yellow colour coding
- Wet chemical process seals the surface of burning oil to prevent re-ignition
- Ideal for use on electrical, fat or cooking oil fires
- Cylinder, lance and nozzle constructed from high quality stainless steel
- Unique hose swivel joint for ease of direction of discharge
- Available in basic and premium ranges
- Manufactured in the UK
5 Year Guarantee
We are 100% confident in our products and services which is why our fire extinguishers come with a 5 year guarantee as standard for your complete peace of mind.
Wet chemical extinguishers are suitable for use on Class A & F Fires. This extinguisher is to be used for cooking fires caused by fat and oils. Wet chemical fire extinguishers are ideal for restaurants and kitchens specifically being for use on fats and oils.
Extinguishers such as water, foam, powder & CO2 will not always put out big cooking fires and are also extremely dangerous because the pressure of these extinguishers can cause the oil to jet out and cause serious harm.
Wet chemical fire extinguishers contain a solution of potassium which effectively attacks the flame in two ways:
- Firstly the mist cools the fire and lowers the temperature to stop the fire spreading, it also prevents splashing of the hot oils/fat.
- Secondly the potassium salts react with the hot oil and causes the process of saponification, coating the surface of the cooking oil or fat in soapy foam that is non combustible and acts as a barrier between the fat and oil.
We also hold an Environment Agency Waste Carriers License which enables us to safely dispose of and recycle your old or unwanted fire extinguishers. There are very few companies who hold this license directly, but at Fire and Safety Solutions we feel strongly that we have a responsibility to dispose of fire extinguishers safely and responsibly.