Fire & Safety Solutions Ltd – Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire
£20,000 – £35,000 per annum – Permanent
Fire & Safety Solutions Ltd (FASS) is an independent company established in 2003 and based in Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire. Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Technician to carry out installations, commissioning, and servicing of various fire alarm systems. You must be tenacious, ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to succeed. This is a field based full time position.
At FASS we pride ourselves on our delivery of exceptional customer service and you will need to be able to reflect the same in your work ethic, customer service skills and attitude. High levels of literacy and verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of servicing, installation, and commissioning of various Fire Alarm systems (Gent, Protec and Advanced would be desirable) and knowledge of wireless systems is a must.
- The ability to understand and operate within the guidelines of BAFE SP203 in order to deliver BS-5839/1.
- A good understanding of BS-5839/1 is required in order to deliver relevant feedback to customers during each planned maintenance visit.
- Suitable applicants must have experience in general remedial work and where applicable small installation works.
- Working experience with planned maintenance of fire detection systems.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent time management and hold an autonomous role.
- A good understanding of BS-5266 is required in order to fulfil all aspects of the maintenance during routine service visits.
- A full clean EU driving licence is essential.
The following would be advantageous:
- IPAF and PASMA Certification
- Standard fire alarm accreditations
- An understanding of Health & Safety at work
Electrical qualifications would be an advantage for example, City & Guilds Alarms/Maintenance/Fault Finding, or an equivalent qualification.
Please note: An application for DBS certification will be made upon commencement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £ 35,000 per year
- Company vehicle
- Monday to Friday
- ‘On Call’ duties on a rota basis
Within 50 miles of Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire with the ability to travel in and out of London regularly
- Alarm Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, please contact us.